All meetings are open to residents, contact any of the board or committee members should you wish to attend or have them address particular issues. If you are interested in volunteering please contact the president or the committee chairperson.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the sole entity able to exercise on behalf of the Association all powers, duties, and authority vested to the Association under the organizational documents. These activities include (i) adopting rules and regulations on the use of common property; (ii) suspending rights to use common property; (iii) foreclosing the lien against any property for which assessments are not paid; (iv) employ individuals on behalf of the Association; and (v) other activities.
Each Director is voted onto the Board of Directors during the annual meeting by the members of the Association. For a current listing of who has been elected to the Board of Directors for the current fiscal year, please click here.
The Board of Directors is composed of at least the following officers:
• President: The president shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and of the membership; shall see that orders and resolutions of the board are carried out; shall sign all leases, mortgages, deeds, and other written instruments and shall cosign all checks and promissory notes.
• Vice President: The vice president shall act in the place and stead of the president in the event of his/her absence, inability or refusal to act, and shall exercise and discharge such other duties as may be required of him/her by the Board and replace the president in case of his/her death or resignation.
• Secretary: The secretary shall record the votes and keep the minutes of all meetings and proceedings of the Board and of the members; serve notice of meetings of the Board and of the members and shall distribute such; keep appropriate current records showing the members of the Association together with their addresses, and shall perform such other duties as required by the Board.
• Treasurer: The treasurer shall receive and deposit in appropriate bank accounts all monies of the Association and shall disburse such funds as directed by resolution of the Board of Directors; shall sign all checks and promissory notes of the Association; keep proper books of account; cause an annual audit of the Association’s books to be made by a public accountant at the completion of each fiscal year; and shall prepare an annual budget and a statement of income and expenditures to be presented to the membership at its regular meeting, and deliver a copy of each to the members.
• Architecture Review Committee (ARC): exists to enforce architectural and maintenance standards of the homes within the association, as well as maintaining property owned in common by all 78 titleholders including playground, 6 parking lots and the mall. This Committee serves to review all plans for building changes such as garages and outbuildings; this committee also reviews the maintenance of properties within the Association. The ARC performs these functions in an advisory capacity to the Board, and will provide the Board with its recommendations. No formal budget – expenses as needed.
• Maintenance Committee: oversees day-to-day maintenance of MAHA common areas, including the Tot Lot and the parking areas; makes recommendations to the Board on repair and replacement items; oversees contract bidding process; no formal budget – expenses as needed.
• Social Committee: organizes the annual National Night Out celebration, and the annual Holiday Party; no formal budget – expenses as needed.
• Crime Watch Committee: acts as the neighborhoods’ connection to local law enforcement; serves as the eyes and ears of the neighborhood; organizes block captains; no formal budget – expenses as needed.
• Landscape Committee: acts in an advisory role to the Board on issues relating to MAHA’s green space, common gardens and trees; manages the maintenance agreements for the above spaces; coordinates the spring and fall clean-ups; prepares and submits annual budget to the Board. The Landscape Committee meets on a monthly basis to fulfill its mission.